Monday, April 3, 2006

little

An acquaintance came over to my apartment yesterday as I sat with my laptop, writing. I gave a distracted answer to his questions after my well-being. At least I think that is what he meant by, "wuz-up," in this case. Oh, are you writing in your little blog?

Oh how I wish Tarythe or Ted had been there for my facial expression, because I am sure only they would have seen my reaction. Debby might have picked up on it; she and Spencer sat on the other couch.

I turned my head and smiled at this visitor. How charmingly condescending of you. But, no, I am not writing in my little blog. I am in the process of writing a little story that I hope someday to turn into a little novel. And how are you? I wanted to add. Did you receive your little rejection letter from that little university you wanted into?

Debby and Spencer squirmed in the background. I smiled again and went back to dreaming my little dreams of being a little writer.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, you're still little and cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. just so you know it's Debi, not Debby. it just took me a while because i didn't associate the name with the person until i read it out loud. maybe i just have problems though i know i like it when my name is spelled right.

    the poor guy. good thing he doesn't know your facial expressions well enough to be scared.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's true. If he'd understood your facial expression, I'm sure he would have realized the perilous position he had just put himself in. :)

    ReplyDelete