Wednesday, July 20, 2005

totally loopy

They say that an hour of sleep lost, dipping below six hours, is the equivalent of two beers. Is there a maximum? Can you get negative sleep by staying up more than one day? If the minimum sleep is zero hours, then I have had twelve beers. I will never have to drink. I've achieved a natural and disturbing buzz that will get me through life contentedly. I have been awake for twenty-seven hours. Long hours. So tired. Hallucinating. Feeling sick. Staring bleary-eyed at co-workers and freaking them out. It's too bad too. Getting back from my weekend o' fun I was hoping to write something witty and imaginative about Nora, Karaoke and Boys' Scout Camp. Maybe even about something interesting. But I can't. I got home at 12 last night and proceeded to read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. IT'S SO GOOD AND SO WORTH IT! At least I think it will be worth it after I get to bed this afternoon. Right now I'm just waiting to finish it and see if all of my predictions are true. So far so good. Just remind me never to drink.

No comments:

Post a Comment