Thursday, January 5, 2006

I have decided --and surely I am not the first person to do so-- that money sucks. If the love of money is the root of all evil, then surely the lack of it is too. Either way, it is always on your mind, gnawing at your subconscious, making you evil toward your fellow man. When I have money, I never give it a thought. I am quite altruistic and nonmaterialistic. But when I don't have money, I want it, I crave it like I will crave my body before the resurrection. Both hold the same purpose; they foster movement and growth. Without either, one is forced into limbo, neither being nor doing. It is a bad state.

Today I bought books, paid rent, paid credit-card bills and recieved two more notices from my bank about checks that over-drew my account. Only the presences of Emilie and Caitie kept me sane as I separated myself from nine-hundred dollars. Nine hundred that I don't have.

No comments:

Post a Comment